With the cold weather finally setting in I'm tired of cold salads and ready for warm hearty meals. Roasted Sweet Potatoes is super easy and one of my favorites. You can make a few pans of them on Sunday and save them in containers to have during the week. Add them to scrambled egg whites or tossed on a salad to replace croutons. They add a hint of sweetness and are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6.
- 4 large sweet potatoes or yams of your choice (I prefer a mixture so I buy one of each at the market)
- Grape Seed Oil or your favorite sprayable oil
- Lisa's Special Herb Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees on a Convection Roast setting if your oven has that feature. If it doesn't it will take longer for the cubes to develop caramelization.
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes or yams (The size of a Quarter)
- Toss with 1 tbsp grape seed oil or if you prefer less fat spray the cookie sheet before arranging the cubes on the tray. Then spray the cubes again before sprinkling with the salt.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes
- Gently flip them over half way through the cooking process to develop even crispness.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before packing them in storage containers.