- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into large slices
- 1/2 cup sliced shallot
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1.5 tsps Lisa's special salt (see recipe here)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachio nuts
- Pistachio oil for garnish
- Micro basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees while peeling the carrots. In a roasting pan toss the carrots with the oil, shallot and salt. Place in the oven and roast until the edges of the carrots have some golden brown spots, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer carrots to a large stock pot with the vegetable stock and ginger over medium low heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. If you prefer your soup to be a little lighter I suggest letting the soup cool and then placing in a Vita-mix to puree. This creates a lighter and creamier soup.
- Serve in small bowls topped with 1 tsp of crushed pistachio nuts, a drizzle of pistachio oil and a pinch of micro basil for color.