I love to make this recipe on Sunday so I have something quick to grab on those days I am swamped and don’t have time for a good snack or lunch. If you plan on having it for lunch make sure you add a protein of some source or have it along side a protein shake for a balanced meal.
- 6 large collard green leaves, main vein and stem removed but left whole.
- Julienned veggies of your choice, ideas include:
- Red Peppers
- Green Beans, Parboiled
- Red Cabbage
- Vegan Pesto, Stoneground Mustard, Hummus, Tahini or whatever spread you want or skip a spread all together!
- Place one large Collard green in a rectangular storage container. I prefer the black with clear lids that you typically get from prepared food counters. Make sure the smooth side of the leaf is facing up so it will wrap without breaking.
- Place as many veggies as you want in the middle and then roll it up just enough to put the lid on the container.
- If I am adding pesto, hummus or mustard I store it in a small 2 oz container and put it on right before I roll it up to eat it.